04 January 2005

As Changeable as the Weather

Last night we had a huge thunderstorm.
The blustering, lighting up the whole sky, less than a second before the thunder comes, strobelightish, windowpane rattling, apocalypse nowish kind.
Very spectacular, but not really conducive to a good night's rest.
And it started just as I was finally falling asleep.

This morning I woke up to a dramatic pewter sky and yet more lightning, not finding the whole going to work thing very appealing (and I'm still in holiday mode anyway). But as soon as I was dressed, the trees were already highlighted with golden sunlight against the slightly lighter, but still threatening, sky. As I got into my car (now in need of a wash, again), the sun was peeking through the dripping leaves and the clouds were rapidly disintegrating into wispy strands in a baby blue sky. By the time I got to the highway, there wasn't a cloud in sight, the sun was beating down from a rich, cobalt-blue sky and the road wasn't even wet anymore.

All this in the space of about half an hour.
That's sunny SA for you.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Muhammad said...

Very cool blog... nice to see my fellow south africans affecting the blogosphere. Blog on! :)

Muhammad.
http://front-line.blogspot.com

P.S. I Liked your previous posts about how things were before... made me nostalgic!

12:26 pm, January 06, 2005  
Blogger Muhammad said...

Very cool blog... nice to see my fellow south africans affecting the blogosphere. Blog on! :)

Muhammad.
http://front-line.blogspot.com

P.S. I Liked your previous posts about how things were before... made me nostalgic!

12:58 pm, January 06, 2005  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Ah, yer back then. Yaay!

I love thunderstorms... i think Thor lives in the next valley, y'know... He's great!

S.x

8:34 am, January 07, 2005  
Blogger Onanymous said...

Yes, I do understand that that he is a nice guy - a bit temperamental though.
But I think you are a bit more likely to meet Tsui on his morning run here than Thor - it's the climate you know, too much sunlight for a Norse deity.

9:17 am, January 07, 2005  
Blogger Onanymous said...

Oh, and MK, thankyou ... thankyou.

9:20 am, January 07, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, fellow South Africans!!! Who knew they existed... well... actually we knew we existed, just haven't seen any blogs.

Yay!

Now I know there is someone else out there melting from the heatwave.

See ya.

12:25 pm, January 07, 2005  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Wow! cool god, Onan! Love for gods!

Thanks for sharing that link... 'tis ace.

S.x

7:43 am, January 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home