18 February 2005

C'est fini.


After 3 weeks of near constant working, and absolutely no social life (serves me right for taking on such a big freelance project in conjunction to my normal job), the second volume of SA Bear Quaterly is finally finished and being printed as I write this.


With some great photos by my brother, and a few very cute (yes, cute is a prerequisite for a Teddybear magazine) illustrations by my sister, I finally managed to create something that had the editors exclaiming in joy over each new page. They make teddybears, it is to be expected. But I'm really glad that they liked it after having so much trouble with the company that did the first volume. (Not that I am complaining about that neccesarily, since it meant that I got the job) Also, never having done a commercial layout of this magnitude before, only having worked with Adobe Indesign once before in my life, advertisers that didn't understand the difference between 72 dpi and 300 dpi and having too much content for the amount of pages I was given contributed considerably to the normal stress of a fast approaching deadline.
But it is finished now, so I am happy.
To celebrate, we went to see Alfie. Much enjoyment, but more about that later.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mooi ona mooi. die berg waai vir jou. herman

10:18 am, March 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home