18 May 2005

Things I haven't done. Yet.

Since Casyn asked so nicely in her post, I suppose I could share a few of the things that I have never done before.

It was harder than I expected, and a disturbing amount of my initial ideas involved food of some sort. And places I've never been, but considering that I have only ever been on a quick trip to England, that's not really surprising.
So here goes.

  • I have never done bungee jumping, and I probably never will. I would be willing to try out skydiving any day, but there is just something about going head first that totally freaks me out.
  • I have never tasted oysters. Anybody offering?
  • I have never failed my learner's licence, even though I wrote it 4 times. ( Long story involving a lot of procrastination on my part)
  • I have never stopped reading a book to go and look up a word that I didn't understand completely. I usually just get too caught up in the story to bother, but I sometimes do it later, if I remember.
  • I have never spent more than R300 on shoes. Not when there is a perfectly good bookshop just around the corner. It's in my genes I tell you!
  • I have never seen Casablanca, Gone with the Wind or Citizen Kane.
  • I have never been able to keep my hands clean while writing, painting or drawing. It sometimes feels like the ink/paint/crayon/charcoal/marker is magnetically attracted to my hands, and by extention, my face.
  • I have never seen real snow. I missed it by a few days when I was in England. Very sad.
  • I have never tasted any whiskey (scotch, bourbon, whatever) that I liked. I most probably never will.
  • I have never ridden on a camel. It looks like it could be fun.
  • I have never been able to study for something more than 2 or 3 days in advance. I just can't. It doesn't stick.
  • I have never climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, but it is on my list of things to do before I die.
Yes, there are more than ten things. I have never been very good at following silly instructions either.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not much to oysters - it's actually just the tabasco you taste...

Also, a woman who doesn't waste money on shoes? Sounds too good to be true!

Have you seen Lawrence of Arabia?

12:12 am, May 19, 2005  
Blogger Onanymous said...

Like I said, I've got other priorities than shoes.

I saw Lawrence of Arabia when I was little and even though I didn't understand it completely, some of the scenes made a big impression on me.
I recently saw it again and it was just as visually beautiful as I remembered, with the added bonus of actually understanding the story.

7:10 am, May 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ja – nee, I must say on all the things on your list, the only thing I can say that do not apply to my life is that I did saw snow ones and it is beautiful. Lekker dag vi jou.

10:24 am, May 20, 2005  
Blogger Onanymous said...

Why is everyone so surprised by the shoe thing?

11:55 am, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Wayne Smallman said...

Did the whiskey thing in my youth.

By and large, I don't touch the stuff, now.

"I have never seen Casablanca, Gone with the Wind or Citizen Kane."

Me too!

I find that once you've seen some of the older classic films, I see some of the more recent ones differently.

I'm guessing it's because the more recent films 'lift' elements from their predecessors.

Riding a camel isn't quite on my life list of things to do, the same way drinking wine and learning to speak Japanese don't make the final cut...

12:01 am, May 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home