24 October 2005

New Lifeforms


This 3D animation is absolutely amazing!

“Sixes Last” was created by 1st Ave Machine as a music video for the artist Alias.

"It is about how artificiality is creeping into the modern day world. We were looking at a merge between synthetic biology, nanotechnology, artificial intelligence and what could spawn from them."

The style is great and I'm really impressed with their ability to motion track with the moving camera, so that technology and nature blend together seamlessly.

Some of the creatures even reminded me of the plant life in 'The Dark Crystal'!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Amrit Derhgawen said...

Your 3d animation movie is fantastic...Your blog is well- structured, composed and artistic..I am looking forward to more of this exhillarating stuff..Here's my blog: http://amritd.blogspot.com/ ...Its on computer graphics and visual effects.

9:43 pm, October 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its beautiful. The animation is great, especially the consistent eye imagery - creates a wonderful sense of aliveness in it. It's also great to stumble across your blog!

Clem

6:29 pm, November 18, 2005  
Blogger Clive said...

Nice post my sister really enjoyed it being a management design student at varsity, I checked out the film dark crystal to get your comparison don't know about you but as a young kid it’s a film I think I would have been frightened of can't imagine why looking at it now?

By the way you have inspired me to start a blog after finding your blog looking for TV programs we used to watch when we where young, spent a bit of time getting it up and running should be ready to start adding so random ranting on it about now.


http://maxrus.blogspot.com/

10:47 pm, November 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home