02 December 2005

Signs of life

I know I have been very quiet lately.

No, I wasn't kidnapped by a bunch of rogueish, yet charmingly sexy pirates who forced me to wear tight bodices and survive on nothing but skilly 'n duff and seaweed grog.

Nor did aliens abduct me to perform strange, and surprisingly kinky, experiments on my shining example of a human brain.

I didn't even find a magical wardrobe that led into a fantastical world where I had lots of wonderful adventures and later returned wiser and more mature than before. That will only happen on the 18th.

It did involve a dragon though.

The biggest reason is probably Worth1000. They actually convinced me to spend ridiculous amounts of time doing things like this and this. But it's a lot of fun. And probably one of the first times in my life where I am doing arty/creative things because I actually enjoy it, and not just because it is part of some assignment or project.

Another reason is my recent discovery of the wonderful world of webcomics. I found the first one while doing research for my dragon picture, and now I'm hooked!
I've always been facinated by manga and comic book art, but it just never really occurred to me to follow the next logical step and start drawing it myself. I do like the colouring part, just not really the drawing from scratch.

Anyway, here is a few of the prettiest ones in case somebody is interested.

Fallen - Sadly, it is not being updated at the moment, but I live in hope, since I'm completely in love with the sketchy style of the later pages.

Inverloch - Also on hiatus for a bit, but it's getting published next year, so it should be back soon. Beautiful, full-colour pages.

Juathuur - B &W, but it actually updates 7 days a week!

The Saga of Eruune - Strange story, but a very unique, avant-gardey style with lots of intricate linework.

Redemption - Some of the pages are being redone in a much cleaner, stylised way, but I still like the rough scratchy originals.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

Wow - cool pictures

3:54 am, December 03, 2005  
Blogger Clive said...

Nice dragon must have taken some time to design, was it done one paper first? Yes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga is catching on allot now days with the increase in production of all things Chinese / Japanese music is also quite catchy worth checking out the band Snail Ramp available on any good P2P network.

12:41 am, December 05, 2005  
Blogger Onanymous said...

I did do a very rough sketch, just to figure out her pose, but from there it was all done in Photoshop.

6:53 am, December 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool, nicely done :-)

6:10 pm, December 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home