17 January 2006

The end of Carnivale

I watched the final episode of Carnivale last night.
It was one of the most facinating shows on TV and I'm really going to miss it, especially since the network didn't even bother to provide it's fans with a proper ending.

Why is it that the best shows are usualy the ones being cancelled way before their time, (yes, I am talking about Angel and Firefly) while some of the crappy reality shows continue ad infinitum?

I suppose in the end it all comes down to money. After all, why would a network spend $4 million on a single episode of a great show, when they could make half a reality show for the same amount. Yay, capitalism.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

I know what you mean. Either it gets cancelled before it's time, or it is screened at a rubbish time of day like 11pm...

10:27 am, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Onanymous said...

Exactly!
I think the worst timeslot is the 'after the 8:00 movie' one.
That way, unless you are actually watching the movie, you never know when it's going to start.
Could be anything from 9:37 to 10:49 and the TV guides are no help either.

10:55 am, January 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Albrecht is a freakin idiot. Carnivale was the most intriguing and interesting HBO series ever. Crap shows like "Sex and the City" or "The Sopranos" got a lot of coverage because they had lots of sex and violence. Carnivale was, in a way, the standard in which all HBO series should aim for.

5:01 am, January 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually just finished watching the series finale of Carnivale this evening. I've been having a mini marathon of sorts for the past week. I'm in total agreement with it being one of the best shows on HBO...or at least it was one of the best. I just hope the story is continued by Dan Knauf in some form or another. It definitely was one of worst series finales ever! In that it left too many potentials which might never be explored. It's sad actually but I still hope that someday we'll get a chance to share that world again.

8:45 am, February 04, 2006  
Blogger Aria said...

Definitely felt like so much more to be told. Though as series finales there have been worse. Most depressing ever I think goes to Forever Knight (which while it definitely didn't leave much in the way of loose ends, is not to be watched if depressed already. Definitely keep sharp objects out of reach)

The most ludicrous I've seen though would have to go to M.A.N.T.I.S. for the main character dying while battling (and I kid you not) a rampaging invisible dinosaur.

5:18 pm, February 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home