26 April 2006

Samorost

Samorost

Samorost is a delightful point and click adventure about a tiny space gnome trying to save his home from an approaching asteroid.
The art is beautifully bizarre and somewhat reminiscent of Monty Python.

It was originally created by Jakub Dvorsky as his final thesis project. The word 'Samorost' in Czech means a root or piece of wood, which resembles a creature; but it is also a term for a person who doesn't care about rest of the world.

The art of the sequel, Samorost 2 , is even prettier. It's very polished and completely intriguing. Unfortunately only the first chapter is free, but it is definitely worth it.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

When I see artwork like this, I wish I wasn't so literally-minded.

11:32 am, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow... I wish my Flash skills were a little better! But... I'm getting there!

4:42 am, July 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home