20 April 2005

Curry and Blue Rice

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This is just further proof that I am part of a delightfully weird family. A few nights ago, supper was traditional South African 'Kerrie en Rys' (For non-SA's, this is lightly curried mince with potatoes, raisins and apricots, usually served with rice and lots of Mrs Ball's Chutney.)

Thing is, we all like brown rice, while my father is an adamant white rice supporter.
Solution: Cook a combination of the 2 and get your sister to sneak a few drops of blue food colouring into the mix.
This resulted in a delicious meal with a wonderfully retro 80's colour scheme, that left the whole family extolling the virtues of blue rice as opposed to boring, normal rice.

Of course, this just reaffirmed my co-workers' suspicions as to my overall sanity, but since I am a designer, weirdness is almost part of the job description.

And much thanks to The Saturnyne for his timely advice. I was getting really agitated with Hello and am now very much enthralled by Imageshack. This might not count as the unexpected eternal gratefulness, but it is still a big thank you. I might have to send you some freshly drawn chocolates now.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:07 pm, April 20, 2005  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Great! Uh, i can still eat them, can't i?

Glad i could help. I actually found imageshack as a result of wanting to put gifs on my blog. It's another HEllo weakness that it only allows jpegs.

Funnily enough, i haven't used imageshack myself yet, as my pictures etc aren't ready to post.

S.x

PS: sorry for the deletion above, slight accident with too much repetition... me being the perfectionist...

6:10 pm, April 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - this looks dodge. LOL
Personally... I love brown rice, Old Mill Stream, my folks also goes for Tastic and nothing else :)

3:50 pm, April 29, 2005  
Blogger Onanymous said...

Maybe, but it tasted great and provided much merriment.

Old Mill Stream is the best, but sometimes I like basmati or wild rice too. And of course sushi rice. Yum.

1:22 am, April 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lekkr vi ou Blou baard se rys!!!

11:13 am, May 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home