30 June 2005

Tri-facto

Didn't I just do one of these? Well you can thank him for this bit of fluffy posting.


  • 3 screen names I've had - This is pretty much it, unless you count MSN names. We have weeklong MSN themes at work, so lately I have been Trypanophobia (Phobia week), Dame Marjorie Elinor Abercrombie (British sounding names week) and Bibliosaurus (Dinosaur week)
  • 3 things I like about myself - My ability to remember arbitrary facts about books and movies, my laughter and my hands.
  • 3 things I don't like about myself - All the weight I gained since I started working, my tendency to leave things to the last minute and the fact that I am sometimes too introverted.
  • 3 parts of my heritage - My whole family has brown hair and brown eyes, DF Malherbe (old Afrikaans poet) is my great uncle or something and the farm my grandfather grew up on was called 'Daggafontein' (lit. marijuana fountain)
  • 3 things that scare me - Any sound that I hear at night in bed and can't immediately identify (courtesy of our friendly neigbourhood burglar's visit a while back), taxi's (mthe South African kind, not the yellow ones) and for some reason, scorpions (but I'm fine with other creepy crawlies, and even wanted to become an entomologist at one stage)
  • 3 of my everyday essentials - Watch, bottle of water, and purse.
  • 3 things I'm wearing right now - Black boots, Denim jacket, and my pretty, new birthday-present-necklace.
  • 3 of my favourite songs - Thanks to my little niece, the only songs in my head at the moment is 'Ek is 'n eensame krokodil', 'Almal dra 'n jas' and 'Kamalielies'. (Hakka hakka, hiekie hiekie ... eeek! Stop it!)
  • 3 things I want in a relationship - Laughter, hugs and lots of dancing.
  • 2 truths and a lie - I have eaten a stink bug, I have eaten offal, I have eaten baked beans on toast.
  • 3 things I can't do without - Books, chocolate, sleep.
  • 3 places I want to go on vacation - Pretty much anywhere I haven't been before, but the top 3 at the moment is Paris, Barcelona and London.
  • 3 things I just can't do - Read this.
  • 3 kids names - NOT relevant anywhere in the near future.
    things I want to do before you die - Again, read this.
  • 3 celeb crushes - So many to choose from. Christian Bale (I liked him way before he became famous), Dominic Monaghan (first in LOTR, now in Lost) and Heath Ledger (the smile, mmm)
Don't really like the whole tagging thing, so if you would like to do this, consider yourself tagged. If not, go and eat some chocolate and you will soon feel much better.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kyknoord said...

Fluffy posting - What a delightfully descriptive term (it tickled my fancy).

3:14 pm, June 30, 2005  
Blogger Violet said...

You grew up in a 'marijuana fountain'? That's very interesting. Was it really a mariujuana farm?

1:35 am, July 03, 2005  
Blogger Onanymous said...

Didn't grow up there, I'm a city girl through and through, but my grandfather did.
As far as I know it was a sheep farm in the Karoo (a very dry region), but I've only been there once.
But you never know, my ancestors could have been more devious than I give them credit for.

6:36 am, July 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home